Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The ordeals that fell on Hazrat Ayyub


Mufti Taqi Uthmani used to say in his lectures:

Just consider for a while the sufferings of Hazrat Ayyub as. To what a horrible disease he was subjected! Satan visited him in this condition and told him that the malady was due to his sins which was inflicted on him
because of Allah's displeasure. In addition, he put forward his proofs in support of his allegations. On this occasion he debated with Hazrat Ayyub.

Hazrat Ayyub  as. counteracted Satan's argument by saying: It is wrong to allege that this disease is due to
Alalh's displeasure on account of my sins. In fact, the ordeal of the disease is a token of love and favour towards me from my Allah. I do invoke Allah to cure this disease, but I do not complain against Him for the disease. At the same time I do not object to the disease which has been sent down to me by Allah, nor do I ask why my Allah has inflicted me with this disease. I always turn to Allah in repentance and submit to
Him the Qur'anic Du 'a (Supplication).

أَنِّي مَسَّنِيَ الضُّرُّ وَأَنْتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ                     
 (And Ayyub, when he cried to his I,ord, saying): 
"Oh my Lord adversity has touched me; indeed, and You are the Most Merciful of all who show mercy". (21: 83).

 Hazrat Ayyub as,  added saying:
My invoking Allah is a favour from Him. When He  has caused me to turn to Him in repentance, it is quite clear that this test too is a sign of His Mercy and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment